Monday, July 12, 2010

Summertime

I love summer! It is so nice to have a break from school. I really love my job, but I couldn't do it without summer break. This summer I have been able to do lots of little things like: teach a summer kids camp, plan girls camp (we go next week!), get our yard together and plant grass, grow a garden, go camping, and babysit for my family and friends. I can't believe summer is half-way over. I don't want it to end!
One of my favorite things about summer is that I can be a better aunt to my nieces and nephews. I love spending time with them and helping out my sister and sister-in-laws. I watch Susan's girls once a week and our friends' baby boy Case once a week too. It is a little something to keep me busy and have soem fun and I am glad that I can help them out. Here are some fun pictures of my nieces and nephews. I love you all so much! :)
One day I had Quincie and Jovie sleep over and then Susan brought over her girls the next morning. Here is a picture of them all together. We had a good time! :)
Annisten, Quincie, Ellie, Jovie
Kaldyr - the day he ran in the stick horse race at West Haven Days.

Fun little Daxon! :)

For the 4th of July we spent the weekend camping out. What a nice break! We relaxed, rode 4-wheelers, and went up to the lake one day. This is a funny story - All of you that know Colby, you probably know that he occasionally does random things to be funny. Well we were all standing by the lake watching the dogs swim and talking when all of a sudden Colby comes running down from the truck with his shirt off screaming! Then he dives head first into the water with his shorts, shoes, and sock and all! He starts yelling, "I can't swim! I can't swim!" We were all laughing hysterically. I love these crazy moments he has. He gets it from his dad - what a weirdo! :) But he makes our lives fun and spontaneous. Love you hon! (I got some pictures of the moment, but he wouldn't let me post them because it shows his fabulous farmer's tan and his hairy belly :) Oh well.)

No comments: