Friday, June 11, 2010

You Can Help Us Adopt

We have now reached our year mark for when we first started the adoption process. I can honestly say that it feels like it has been much longer than a year. Colby and I have had numerous experiences that have revealed to us that adoption is the way we should build our family.


We have a great support system of family and friends and we are so grateful for that. Many of you have asked us if there is anything you can do to help. Well, there IS something you can do.


Most adoptions happen today through word of mouth. Today, it is more likely for an adoptive couple to find their baby through someone who knows someone who knows someone who knows someone. We strongly feel that this request we are making now could be the stepping stone to finding our baby.


So what I am asking you to do is to help spread the word! I appreciate family and friends that have included our adoption profile link to their blogs. If you haven't yet, it would REALLY mean alot to us if you did. Whether it be on your blog, facebook, or wherever - it will help spread the word! Having a quick link to click on in your sidebar makes it easy for people to find. You never know who might see it........ We feel that the more people that know we are trying to adopt, the better chance we have at making our adoption a reality. (Our profile link is on the right sidebar at the top in case you haven't seen it)

YOU COULD BE OUR STEPPING STONE WE NEED TO FIND OUR BABY!

10 comments:

Clint and Sheri said...

Cayley, I would like to add your adoption profile to my blog, but I don't know how?? Is there a code that I copy and paste?

Jeff and Susan said...

I will do it sis, i didn't know i could, sorry i haven't done it sooner, c ya tomorrow.

The Wilson Family said...

done and done! I'm convinced I am going to find your baby and then I would like to be that sweet babies godmother... Is that allowed?

Tyson and Capri said...

Cayley i have been wanting to add it to mine but i dont know how to either and i keep forgetting to ask you..Help me:)

Cayley said...

So I've had a ton of questions about how to add a link on your sidebar. If you want the link to be a picture, then right click on a picture from my blog and save it to your computer. Then when you go to your layout click add a gadget. Choose to add a picture. Then click browse and find the picture you saved. In that window there is the option for a link. You will have to go to my blog, click on our adoption profile, and then copy and paste the link. I hope this makes sense. Thanks everyone for your willingness to share our profile!!!

Chrystal Burdess said...

Hey Cayley I would like to add your adoption profile too, how do I add it?

Chrystal Burdess said...

Ha just saw your comment above mine, sorry I'm a blonde!!

Kari said...

You're always on my mind! I am happy to help out!! I hope it happens soon for you guys!

Amber and Zach said...

Hey Cayley! I found your profile on my friends blog. I've already posted your info on my blog-- hope you don't mind. You 2 are amazing.

Amber

Jake and Ashlee said...

Cayley, My name is Ashlee I found out blog threw my Step mother's blog (Penny Murray) I am Bart's daughter. I have no idea how you know Penny but I was reading your story. I am a Birth Mother. I placed a baby with LDS Family services 6 1/2 years ago. Now my husband and I have been trying to get pregnant for 4 years in October. Anyways I hope that you find a birth mother soon. If you have any questions I would love to talk to you about the birth mother side of things.
Ashlee