Saturday, January 29, 2011

Christmas, Vegas, and Snowmobiling Date

Christmas was really good this year. Normally we just get gifts for our families and the names we draw and we don't buy anything for each other. But even though we really didn't need anything, I wanted us to give each other at least something. I was really happy we did it and it made Christmas morning a little more special and a little less boring. Colby went way overboard and decided to surprise me with a laptop. I was absolutely thrilled! I have really needed/wanted one for awhile now. Thanks hon!

Me and my sweet laptop :)

Colby had connections through Dwight and got this TV for 50 bucks! :)
On Christmas Eve, we went to Colby's grandma's house and played Minute-to-Win-it games.


We also went snowmobiling with my brother and his date and our friends Mike and Kathryn. It was a nice and fun day. For lunch we decided to build a fire and roast hot dogs. I had never done this before in the snow, but it worked out great! It was an awesome date :).



Over MLK, I had a 4-day weekend and so did Colby so we decided to take off to Vegas. We have both been there before but it had seriously been like 10 years since the last time we went (even longer for Colby). We also just had our 6 year anniversary, so we thought we would do this to celebrate. I am so glad we went. It was nice to spend some one-on-one time with Colby.



On our way down we stopped to see Bryce's new apartment and eat lunch with him. He is going down to SUU for the semester, so he was right on our way. The ride there went so fast, we were only like a half hour from Vegas when we realized we hadn't even had the radio on the whole time!!! Can you believe that? Either we are really boring, or we just had a lot to talk about and enjoyed being together :).


Vegas was really fun....we walked and walked and walked. And seriously, my right foot still hurts from our first day there. I must have done something to it. I guess that's why they say flip-flops are bad for your feet. But hey - I was so excited to be able to wear flip-flops in January!! I don't think I have ever been somewhere warm enough in January to be able to do that.


Another thing that made it fun was that Bryce and his friends and Susan and her family had coincidentally planned to go to Vegas that weekend too. So we met up with them a couple of times and hung out together. It was alot of fun!

1 comment:

mrs. jar said...

Hey Cayley. Your blog is so fun! If you want to email me your email address, I will send you an invite to mine.

It was fun seeing you the other day, I just wish it was under different circumstances. It is so hard, I know! You are in my prayers.

sarahjarman02@yahoo.com