Saturday, May 1, 2010

New Calling for Summertime

"The Temple in the Mountains"
I am so excited! Last Sunday I was called to be the Young Women's Camp director. It's kinda funny because their camp this year is almost identical to what I did with my Hooper ward last year. We are going to Heber Valley Camp again and it's a stake camp again. The only thing I am a little worried about is that I don't have nearly as much time to prepare. Last year I was called way back in October and we had meetings leading all the way up to camp. It's already May and we go in July! I guess they had already called someone but it didn't work out, so it will be interesting. From what I know so far it seems like it won't be too hard to put it all together in time. The stake is actually carrying quite a bit of the load. So anyways - I can't wait! Late night talks, games, fun at the fire...it should be a lot of fun!

9 comments:

Janeen said...

Awesome! You'll be great! I love serving with the young women in our ward and camp is the best. At lot of work, but so much fun!

Kari said...

I'm impressed how excited you sound. That's a huge calling, and so last minute for them to call you. You'll be awesome though, and girl's camp is the best!!

Alexa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Alexa said...

Cayley! We'll be at camp together! :)

Dwight and Ashley Family said...

I loved Heber Valley Camp....You are perfect for this calling, even on short notice!!!

Jennica said...

I'm so jealous. I love girls camp. They asked me to be the assistant this year, but I can't even go. You'll have so much fun!

Ally said...

Cayley! The girls in your ward are SO lucky!!! Alexa is SO excited that it's stake camp this year so you'll be together there! Congratulations! You have so much to offer to the young women. I know how much Alexa looks upto you and loves you. And at least it is a stake camp this year like you said! lol

Ryan and Nicole said...

You are going to have a great time! Believe me when I say you are a true blessing to the YW Pres, I know what it is like to have the camp director unable to go (she gave me 2 weeks notice), and then struggle to find someone willing to jump and serve the YW :)

Brandon and Lindsey said...

Oh my goodness that is so exciting! And that is just like ours last year! Too funny! I'm glad that you get to go, Heber was awesome! I want to go back! Miss you guys! And you'll do great! You did a great job last year, serious! Lets get together soon!