Thursday, June 2, 2011

Our Summer Adventures

Well school has been out almost one week now and we already have several fun "projects" coming along.


Last weekend we headed out of town for our first camping trip of the summer. We knew it was going to be bad weather, but we didn't care. We just wanted to get away to the mountains.......little did we know that we would wake up to this!!!!!







We left Friday night and stayed until Monday. Saturday was a nice day, just cold. But then Sunday we woke up to snow!! We debated about going home, but then decided on just toughing it out and making the best of it. It actually turned out to be fairly nice. All the snow melted by noon and just rained a bit here and there. But then Monday we woke up to snow again! So we just decided to head home home early in the morning. All in all it was a fun experience we won't forget. :)


Other fun adventures:


I bought a crib today!!! I am SOOOO excited to get it all put together.







We (well I guess I should say Colby) started building a shed. It is so nice that he knows how to do this stuff. It saves us ALOT of money! And the shopping cart?????? Ya, I guess you could say...."You might be a redneck if you use an old shopping cart as your toolbox!"




Colby came home from work yesterday with these:
I guess a guy he works with bought a whole bunch and asked Colby if he wanted any and he was like, "Sure! Why not?" I won't tell you what his plans are for when they grow up. It makes me sad.

So that's our summer fun so far!

4 comments:

Austin & Shawnee said...

You guys have been busy. You'll love having chickens. I think they're super fun to have around. Plus they'll eat the bugs.

P.S. I'd own a tool box of my own if someone had told me I could have a shopping cart.

Tara said...

Hey, it's Tara (Jensen). I came across your blog and was so excited to find you. I have heard a little about your situation through my cute niece Megan. She loved having you as a teacher and told me yesterday she hopes she gets you again next year. I was so excited for you when she said you were getting a baby. I read your story and my heart goes out to you. Reading it made me think alot about the whole perspective of life so thanks for sharing...it couldn't have been easy. Good luck with everything. If you'd like, send me your email at tarajensen82@yahoo.com and I will send you an invite to my blog. I'm excited to keep in touch with you this way and see your little one.

Dwight and Ashley Family said...

only my brother would have a shopping cart in his yard!!!! were did he get that???

Kari said...

Crazy the snow! And how the title is "our summer adventures"!!
So fun to start buying stuff for the baby!! So so excited for you!